The mission of the Pulaski County Public Library is to continually improve our service to the patrons of our library district. We seek to provide a comprehensive collection of materials in a wide variety of formats. Our intent is to enrich our patrons' lives educationally and recreationally.
The Winamac Public Library was opened in 1905 in a small reading room in downtown Winamac. In 1915, the Library was awarded a grant from the Carnegie Corporation to finance the construction of a new library facility located at 121 S. Riverside Dr. in Winamac. In 1953, library services were expanded to all residents of Monroe Township, and the library became known as the Winamac-Monroe Public Library. During the late 1960s, the Board of Trustees for the Winamac-Monroe Public Library sought to expand library services to thousands of un-served residents in Pulaski County. Services were expanded to nine townships in Pulaski County, and in 1969 the library officially became known as the Pulaski County Public Library.
For information on library policies, see the Policies page. For information about library cards, library services, the library district, and more, see our Frequently Asked Questions. For information about how taxes and other public dollars are budgeted and spent by the library, visit the Indiana Gateway.