The CDC has recommended that fully vaccinated individuals may resume activities without wearing a mask or physically distancing. This very exciting news brings us one-step closer to normal and may create a bit of anxiety or uncertainty toward next steps. The CDC specifies that we all must continue to follow safety policies at local businesses and in our workplaces, so here is Pulaski County Public Library’s plan to move forward safely.
Revisiting our Masking Policy
Masks are required at Pulaski County Public Library for patrons and staff who are not fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and for children between the ages of 3 and 12. Individuals who are fully vaccinated may use library facilities without a mask. Vaccinated individuals are welcome to continue to wear a mask if they choose to do so.
The Library Board revisited the masking policy during their meeting on May 26. The Board considered the CDC’s guidelines to determine the appropriate path forward for the staff and community.
We recognize that we are still in a public health emergency and plan to continue the following safety procedures going forward:
- Provide air circulation with the use of fans, air purifiers, HVAC upgrades.
- Provide plexiglass barriers around service desks and community tables
- Continue to practice social distancing with staff and patrons.
- Continue to provide contact-free curbside pickup for the foreseeable future.
- Continue to assist individuals in scheduling a vaccine appointment.
We are grateful for your patience and understanding as we navigate the continuing health crisis.
Article updated 5-27-21 to incorporate the board's decision regarding masks.