The Internet is a network of networks, changing constantly, making a wealth of information available to users. The Pulaski County Public Library Internet access is offered in order to give all members of the library’s service district open and equal access to ideas and information.
The purpose of library-provided Internet access is to facilitate communications in support of research and education. Access is a privilege, not a right. Access entails responsibility.
Pulaski County Public Library has the right to set and enforce rules and regulations concerning the use of the Internet access and to change those rules at any time without notice.
Internet access rights may be suspended or revoked by the Pulaski County Public Library administration at any time, without prior notice or hearing, for abusive conduct or violation of the conditions of use set forth in this document. Pulaski County Public Library will be the sole arbiter of what constitutes abusive conduct or violation of the Pulaski County Public Library Acceptable Use Policy.
The user agrees to abide by the following agreements and statements:
- Because the Internet provides access to networks around the world, users (and parents of users, if user is under 18 years of age) specifically understand that Pulaski County Public Library has no control over the content of information residing on the Internet. The Library specifically denies any relationship for the accuracy or quality of information obtained through its service.
- Parents of minors should be aware of the existence of material which they might consider inappropriate for their children and should monitor usage of the system. Pulaski County Public Library makes no warranties, expressed or implied, for any service it is providing. The Library will not be responsible for any damages suffered, including lost data, information or income.
- Users must refrain from inappropriate Internet conduct. Examples of inappropriate conduct include, but are not limited to:
- Use of Internet to violate any local, state or federal statute.
- Use of the network to access or process pornographic material, inappropriate text files, or files dangerous to the integrity of the network.
- Use of the network for solicitation, advertisement, or for any other commercial purposes.
- Violating copyright restrictions.
- Using obscene, abusive or sexually explicit language in either public or private messages.
- Engaging in harassing behavior such as sending or posting slanderous, libelous, or threatening messages.
- Other activities that could interfere with or disrupt network users, services, or equipment.
- All communications and information accessible via the network should be assumed to be private property.
- The Library reserves the right to limit the amount of time users may spend online.
- Users of the Internet have access to thousands of networks. Each network or system has its own set of policies and procedures. Actions which are routinely allowed on one network/system may be controlled, or even forbidden on other networks. It is the user’s responsibility to abide by the policies and procedures of these other network/systems.
In consideration for the privilege of using Pulaski County Public Library Internet access, and for having access to the information contained on the Internet, users hereby release and hold harm-less Pulaski County Public Library from any and all claims of any nature arising from their use, or ability to use, the Internet.
Any violation of these policies and/or rules may result in loss of library-provided access to the Internet. Additional disciplinary action may be determined at the building level in keeping with existing procedures and practices regarding inappropriate language or behavior.
When and where applicable, law enforcement agencies may be involved. Users whose conduct violates local state, or federal laws will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Evidence of illegal activity will be reported to the proper legal authorities. Pulaski County Public Library will cooperate with the proper authorities in the investigation of illegal activities.