The Pulaski County Public Library has a long history serving the local community in Pulaski County, Indiana.
Pulaski County Public Library’s predecessor, the Winamac Public Library, was opened in 1905 as a small reading room in downtown Winamac.
In 1915, the Library was awarded a grant from the Carnegie Corporation to finance the construction of a new library facility located at 121 South Riverside Drive in Winamac. Construction began the following year, and the new library building opened its doors to the public on November 13, 1916.
In 1953, library services were expanded to all residents of Monroe Township, and the library became the Winamac-Monroe Public Library. During the late 1960s, services were expanded again, this time to nine townships in Pulaski County. In 1969, the library officially became known as the Pulaski County Public Library.
The footprint of the library building in Winamac was expanded during a remodel in 1982, greatly increasing the area available for use. Another remodel in 2008 added the Reading Room, a larger children’s area, and more. Most recently, a renovation of the building within the existing footprint was completed in 2021, which saw the introduction of the Magnolia Room, Delores “Dee” Galbreath Local History Room, Café/Lounge, and more spaces for use by the public.